Love love love this software. It's been a game changer as I have now said goodbye to Plottr and Scrivener in favour of this software.
A few things would be awesome to make it work great for Novel writers.
I'll list below:
• Clone/duplicate beats
• Attach an image to a beat/group/block so it shows up in the side panel with the tags. Great for inspiration whilst writing.
• Create snapshots to have a different version of beats to roll back to.
• When inputting copy to the body area of a beat's pop-up window, italics are omitted so there is a loss of formatting.
• A way to see all dependent linked beats. Currently, I can only see this if I place them all under a tag. If I have a chain of 8 beats that are all in sequence/chained to each other, I would love to be able to see them together like how you can with tags.
• A way to mark that a beat/scene/group has been approved/finished with a tick or marker. Deeper usage could open up a way to look at all pending beats/scenes - effectively a to-do list of what needs more work. Currently, I'm collapsing the beats in the script panel but you lose all those positions when you toggle the display views.
• A way to easily jump to each dependent beat so that we can navigate quickly through the causalities. Could be a keyboard shortcut or an option that appears in the tools and elements toolbar.
• Keyboard shortcuts to move beats up or down in the stack of a group.
• Keyboard shortcut to add a new beat of a group/empty group is selected
• Groups to have the same optional features as beats. Option to Include INT/EXT - LOCATION - TIME information at group level. So that a group determine this info for every beat that is inside it. Currently, I'm adding this info to each beat and when moving beats around it's creating a lot of misinformation as it's then committing to locations it had before regardless of where the beat is then placed.
• The title of the block moves down to overlap the content in the groups/beats making group titles hard to read when the screen size is smaller - it presents this way on most laptops.
• To be able to drag beats into the research area, so that beats can be quickly organised into the character/other folders. Currently, all the beats are in the Unsorted area, making it quite a job to move them to designated folders later.
• Main folders could show all beats as well as the subfolders, gaining better visibility on all the content. Currently, beats are hidden in each subfolder. Would be great to see all the beats of a character in addition to the subfolder structure.
• To be able to add imagery into these folders. Many location inspirations are visual and I can't put those anywhere yet. In Scrivener, there is an ability to add them.
• Clicking on a Characters button in the Relationships section could bring up all the beats in the left content panel for easier access than browsing the folders method. (not to replace, but just another quicker pathway to get to the info).
• To open two Causalities open at once? Like how Scrivener is. Good for when comparing two books. Currently one will close down the other on opening an additional file.
• I'm mainly using the right-click mouse option but my brain wants to tools and elements bar (currently at the bottom of the screen) to run between the whiteboard and the timeline for easier drag and drop of the elements.
• Word count for beats/groups chapters, info bar at the bottom. Could be when elements are selected, or drop-down selection for default measuring from beat/chapter and totals etc.
• Being able to edit the script in two scenes side by side. Either as a popup window or columns.
• Being able to zone the panels. Currently the script is left, timeline/character/research central and notes/tags left. It would be great to be able to move the script central and still have the timeline and still have the other elements on either side. I know you can go full-screen and have the structure tab on top but you lose the full timeline. It would be awesome to have the timeline show up running underneath the main writing area in full-screen mode.
I already love this software, so if any of these things could be added it would increase productivity in a big way for me.