Causality crashes now and then seemingly randomly when
- a beat is edited in the script
- a beat is dragged from Research into the whiteboard
- text is inserted via copy and paste into a beat snippet
- clicking out of a beat after editing it
- editing a beat in Research with the editor
- you want to save with CTRL+S or via File
... just to describe a few scenarios.
Unfortunately, working with Causality now feels like playing Minesweeper.
You never know at which action the bomb will burst and Causality will crash next.
The problem is that it's not possible for me to pinpoint the exact cause of the crash.
Here's what I've tried unsuccessfully to fix the problem: I have
- cleared the cache in the program files
- uninstalled the program and then reinstalled it
- tried older versions (3.0.22, 3.0.23...)
- abandoned working progress and started from scratch with earlier backup files
- made sure that Causality is in the list of accepted programs by Avast
It is impossible to work reasonably on the file even for a minute.
I am at my wit's end. Please help!